Wednesday 27 November 2013

Final piece proposal-

 This project memories has taken me on a creative rollercoaster, forcing me into artistic realms which I would have normally declined or not find myself fascinated by. The final piece I have devised is a physical embodiment of everything that I have explored, learnt from and experimented with, every detail, both elaborate and minuscule is linked in some way, this project has taught me more than simply linking sections to different artists, but being able to pull it all together, creating my own piece, with its own depth and meaning, it's taught me to critically evaluate each decision I make and take control of my outcomes, it's taught me to be an artist, not an imitator.

 The piece I want to create is centred around, arguably, the most enjoyable day of my entire year, which also fell in the summer. Initially my interest was going to be to try and visually express the gradual passing of the summer and it getting increasingly darker, I realised however this was also the first day that it got dark before nine- so this day despite all it's enjoyment remains a symbol of that aswell. 

 DESIGN;
 The physical design of the piece is very dynamic and uses the three-dimensional space I have been given to its full abilities. At the back of the window I want to have a super enlarged child travelcadd and design it according to how a sunset shoud look, this links with Callesens paper techniques, also his contrasting themes he explores, his being life and death, mine being the ecstacy of the day and the eventual sunset at the end, this is why I think the background is the most appropriate place to put it. Ontop of this nailed to the back is a hardboard, acrylic painting of the TFL logo and The Rolling Stones logo, combined into one, a design I have already come up with. This links with Kandinsky in relation to his pieces having musical connections, as well as Heath, who likes to work with symbols and music to create pieces which evoke different emotions and senses when viewed. I then want a cascading spiral of the sheet music to the song, 'Satisfaction', this also links to both Kandisnky and Heath, I want to paint it with a lot of emphasis placed on how I paint it and the colours I use, incorporating Hodgkins techniques of memory and abstraction, I want to sculpt the sheet music in reverse, the start at the bottom, as I was on the ground when I first heard it, and in a tree when it ended, this is to reflect the metaphor of me rising as the sun sets, more practical metaphor practise. On the base, I want to have a Walter style design, based on my illustrious travels of the day, if this goes according to plan, the viewer will have not only the ultimate visual experience, but a narrative cartography experience and a musical one. Similar to my reponse to Walter, I want to use colour in Hodgkin style to further emphasise the feelings and thoughts I had in these specific places I had throughout the day. 

 Materials; 
Hardboard 
A2 Paper Photocopy
Foam Board 
Fine-liner pen
Acrylic paint
Primer 
Fishing wire (to hang the sheet music) 
Nails/Drill

 Maintence;

 Anything attatched to a wall or hanging will be supported by a strong and long lasting material of either fishing wire or nails. 

 Budget;

 Although I can't envision this being an overly expensive project. I may need to buy the paper for the photocopying as it is an unusual size. Estimated spend; £5

 Conclusion; 
 This piece should successfully epitomise the greatest day of the summer! Combing as many different elements as possible while retaining an integral feeling of togetherness. 









No comments:

Post a Comment